The Dental Assistance program is an extension of the State’s Medicaid dental program administered through the State Department of Human Services.
CCMC’s role in this program is to help Medicaid eligible individuals access dental care. We provide assistance to all of the islands. Finding a participating dentist who will treat Medicaid patients can be a challenge. We will help Medicaid recipients find a dental office on their island to receive covered benefits.
- Adult dental services are limited to “emergency care”. Emergency care is limited to extractions and control of pain or infection related to the teeth. Restorative treatment such as fillings, root canals, dentures, and cleanings are not covered by Medicaid.
- Children and adolescents under 21 yrs of age can receive comprehensive dental care. Comprehensive care includes x-rays, regular cleanings, restorative care such as fillings for cavities and preventive care such as topical fluoride treatment.
If you or your children need help finding a dentist, please call us at:
Oahu : 792-1070
Toll Free : 1-888-792-1070
Once you have secured a dental appointment:
- Be sure to keep your appointment and arrive on time;
- Bring your Medicaid card and picture identification to the dental office; and
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please call the dental office at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment.
We want to help you take care of your teeth!